In every semester, date for registration will be notified. The students must be registered within the specified date. All fees are to be paid at the time of registration and are non-refundable except (i) where the University fails to provide a place to the students in a course and (ii) courses dropped by the student in the first week of registration. The student will in such cases get a refund of the tuition fee and other charges except registration/ admission fee.
A student seeking registration for the semester should:
1. Pay registration fees to the accounts office within schedule date and collect a software generated registration clearance if all dues are cleared.
2. Collect the course offer paper from the corresponding department
3. Students have to contact with their course advisor according to the course advising date with that clearance and select courses in consultation with the student’s advisor
4. After successful completion of registration a print copy of confirmation letter will be provided.
Drop/ Add Procedure:
A student may drop or add new courses during the first week of the semester. To add a course, one must have the approval of the faculty adviser. The procedure is given bellow:
- Pick up a Drop/Add form from the Office of the Registrar
- Fill up the relevant section of the form
- Obtain the signature of the course teacher/ advisor on the form and if a course is being added; make sure that space is available in the course.
- Submit the form to the office of the Registrar.
- Check at the Accounts office about any change of fee
Attendance is regarded as a part of the course requirement. The expected attendance is 90 percent of classes held. A student may be debarred from appearing at the course final examinations if his/her attendance falls bellow 75 percent. Students are given marks on class attendance.
Teaching Method and Medium:
The University follows modern teaching methods including class lectures, interactive discussion, simulation, lab work, case analysis, and field study. A special feature of Sheikh Hasina University teaching is the tutorial/workshop/lab sessions designed to assist students in learning application of concepts and theories. The medium of instruction in Sheikh Hasina University is English.